9 Simple Ways to Freshen Up Your Social Posts
9 Simple Ways to Freshen Up Your Social Posts
Are your social posts stuck in a rut? It’s happened to us all! It is so easy to get caught up in the every day of your business and find yourself at a total loss for post inspiration.
There are so many options when it comes to getting content out there… it may even be overwhelming!
Below is a fun list of ideas to switch up the way you get the message out to your audience. Try one today and let us know how it goes!
- Educational content? Create an infographic! Use an online design app like Canva to create dynamic graphics to share your message visually. You can find a mountain of templates and examples with a simple search. This method works great for sharing survey results, explaining complex ideas visually, and telling stories with big data sets.
- Jump into video! Video is the best-performing content type out there right now, and it’s a great way to let your personality shine through your posts. And don’t worry – videos do not have to be scripted or polished to get great engagement. In fact, quite the opposite. Our best advice for video is to simply be honest and be yourself. Share a funny thing that just happened, a big win, a behind-the-scenes view of event preparations in the works, or how a popular item in your business is made. Your audience will eat it up.
- Create or share a GIF. These are incredibly popular for a reason! It’s hard to convey a feeling as well as a GIF does. We can’t think of a better way to stop your audience from scrolling, make them laugh, and hit the like button…all in less than 6 seconds. So do a little dance, infuse a little humor into your next post, and give your audience (and yourself) a chuckle, too.
- Create audio to go along with a visual graphic. One of the most powerful ways small businesses connect with their audience is by sharing real, human moments. Record a personal story or message, pair it with a beautiful picture or video, and feel the power of the experience. Instagram Reels is a fantastic place to find inspiration AND to post your own reel! You can do it.
- Do a BTS (Behind-the-Scenes). This is one of our favorite ways to spice up your social feed. What is happening that no one gets to see? What new product just arrived? How are you setting up for your big event? How is your most popular recipe made? Give viewers a taste of what you’re up to behind the scenes and they’ll appreciate the finished product even more. Bonus points for time-lapse or rapid video that shows a process from start to finish. Here’s our fearless leader, Jess, painting her new office space. Fun, right?
- Have you heard of an audience take-over? Bring in a guest to take over your Instagram Stories for a day. Your audience will love hearing about your business from someone new! It could be a friend or family member, a special guest, a new hire or even a long-time employee that people know and love. Or get creative and post from your office pet’s perspective. How does Lola the office dog move throughout her day, and what does she think about all these customers?
- Ask a question! Adding features like polls or questions to your posts gets your audience excited and engaged with your content. Questions can be directly related to your business such as, “Time to reorder our #LakeLife coffee and wine tumblers! Which colors do you want to see?” Or you could simply have a little fun. For example, “What do you think of the new space? Awesome, or very awesome?” And don’t forget to reply!
- Post a picture of your pet and earn super duper bonus points if they’re at work with you. Animals pictures in general are adorable, they’re fun, and they’re uncontroversial. Everyone loves pet pics. How could you not? Everyone’s social media accounts can use an occasional boost in views, and posting an animal pic with a cute caption can provide just that.
- Pick a theme for a day of the week and experiment. There are many common and trending hashtags for just this purpose – think #MotivationalMonday, #TipTuesday, #WellnessWednesday, #ThankfulThursday, and #FriYay. When used well, trending hashtags can attract people right to your virtual storefront (also known as your social media account), especially if they’re in need of what you’re putting out there.
Remember, you don’t have to reinvent the wheel and keep new ideas constantly coming. Instead, take a look at the highest-performing post type over the last few months. That is the content your audience loves! Take that content and add a new spin to keep your audience engaged and your posts interesting.
You’ve got this! Tag @SocialSiren in your next post and let us know what’s working for you!
Leave a Reply