Social Siren Staff Favorites Part III: 5 Resources to Streamline Your Bottom Line
As a small business owner or manager, you probably wear 72 different hats and put out as many fires throughout the day.
There are just so many things to think about, plan and execute. It’s hard to keep up with all the things we “should” do or would like to do.
So, to help ease your burden, we’ve tapped into the expertise of the Social Siren team to share a few of our favorite things!
These resources are nearly all free or start with a free trial so you can really get a feel for them. And they are not affiliate links – for better or worse – although we should probably look into that.
The Social Siren team uses these resources daily and hope you find them helpful in your business as well. Try one out and let us know what you think!
- Grammarly – a major upgrade from the early days of spell check, the free version of Grammarly highlights spelling, grammar and punctuation errors. It’s absolute GOLD for anyone with dyslexia, ADD or fat fingers. We can’t say enough about it. Super easy to install, this plug-in on your browser will make your writing stronger, cleaner, and easier to read.
- WebFX Readability test – Our direct response copywriter, Amanda, uses this FREE tool all the time. We recommend writing at a 5th-8th grade level. Might seem strange at first, but it’s important that your copy is easy to read and understand. Fun fact: this paragraph is written at a 6th grade level – just about perfect!
- Clickup is a FREE all-in-one app that lets you integrate all your work in one place: Tasks, Docs, Chat, Goals, & more. Tracey, our amazing admin, swears by it and it’s easy to see why: its powerful yet user-friendly interface makes collaborating with teammates and staying on track with deadlines a breeze.
- Awesome Screenshot – Use this FREE Chrome extension to take a screenshot of a small section of your page, the viewable screen, or the entire webpage. Then, annotate and share widely! You can also use Awesome Screenshot to record screen + camera videos for a tutorial.
- Yoast SEO – our website magician, Scott, suggests installing an SEO (Search Engine Optimization) plug-in like Yoast SEO into your website theme. Doing so will quickly help boost your web presence. The plug-in walks you through ways to optimize your site, showing up as red (fix it) to yellow (ok) to green (good work). When your categories are green, you have a better chance of showing up in the search results of your customers.
There you have it! To recap, for a quick and easy technical boost to your business…
- Improve your grammar and spelling using Grammarly
- Check the readability of your copy using the WebFX readability tool
- Consolidate all your productivity apps into one streamlined program with Clickup
- Capture screenshots and create tutorials using Awesome Screenshot
- Optimize your website with the help of Yoast SEO
Which one is your favorite? Is there anything you’d add to this list? Let us know!
For more great resources the Social Siren team uses in our daily work, check out the first two blogs in this series: