What’s So Great About Your Business?
7 easy ways to share what sets you apart from your competition.
Hey there! Jess here, owner of Social Siren Marketing. I have one question for you today –
What’s so great about your business?
It can be harder to answer than you’d think! And I really want to know…and your future customers do, too.
Let’s talk about your marketing messaging today, specifically about what sets you apart from everyone else.
I know that you know you’re great at what you do, otherwise you wouldn’t be in business.
But does everyone else know it, too? Have you ever shared stories of your greatness with your audience?
One thing I’ve had to overcome as a business owner is how to talk about my business in a positive light.
At first, I felt awkward. It felt gross to brag, and I didn’t want anyone to think I was full of myself.
But I’m here to tell ya that as far as your business is concerned, you’ve got to do it. Tell your potential customers why they should pick you over everyone else.
It doesn’t matter why you’re so great, as long as YOU know it and can clearly communicate that greatness with your audience. For example:
- Are you the fastest at what you do?
- The cheapest?
- The most dependable?
- The longest-standing?
- Do you provide the best customer service?
- Do you answer your phone (or return calls) no matter what?
- Are you the only game in town?
- Are you the most experienced?
- Are you simply the best? (Better than alllll the rest…)
Whatever it is, own it! Once you feel confident about what differentiates you, then focus on sharing it…
Intentionally and regularly.
Preferably in regular, bite-sized bits. Weekly, biweekly, monthly – you can set the schedule, but once or twice a year isn’t going to cut it.
Here are seven easy way you can share your greatness:
- Do you have at least one positive review online? Say “thanks” with a personalized response on Google, Facebook, Yelp, and other review sites. According to Findstack.com, 95% of people read reviews before buying anything, so get your voice in there!
- Take a screenshot of a positive review and share it on your channels – social proof does wonders for your credibility.
- Share before-and-after pictures. This works well for almost any type of service business: cleaning, painting, carpentry, roofing, health, beauty, or exercise products & services.
- Show an elapsed time video of you working on a project (especially if you market yourself as the fastest!)
- Post pictures of you & your employees volunteering at an event. Giving back to the community is always good news.
- Write a case study about a recent success story and share it on your website, social channels, or even with the local news media.
- Edit your website and social profiles to CLEARLY STATE what differentiates your business on your website and social profiles. Have you won awards? Do your customers love you? Please share!
If you’re still worried what people might think, remember what Phil Knight, co-founder of Nike, Inc., said:
“You can have the best product in the world, but if nobody knows about it, what good is it?”
To practice what I preach, here is an example of what separates Social Siren from other digital marketing agencies:
Social Siren Marketing is the go-to source for small business marketing. We demystify digital marketing so business owners can attract and serve more of their ideal customers.
Let me know what you’re great at! Tag @socialsirenmarketing on Facebook and Instagram. I can’t wait to read all about it.
PS: If you aren’t sure how to talk about your business’s greatness, check out these additional resources:
5 Ways to Improve Your Online Presence
Is Your Use of Minimizing Language Hurting Your Success?
Want more? Sign up for the weekly Social Siren email newsletter for more great marketing tips right in your inbox: Click Here
Leave a Reply